Potions Turmeric Essential Oil 10ml - 100% Pure
- Turmeric Essential Oil has an earthy, light, warm, woody and spicy scent that will be familiar to anyone who has used turmeric in cooking. Its aroma naturally calms the mind and reduces stress.
More than just a powdered spice, Turmeric is one of the oldest all-natural remedies used by humans. The earliest recorded use of turmeric has been dated back nearly 4,000 years in Ayurveda. Turmeric essential oil is a lot more concentrated than the powdered spice and has a lot of healing properties including anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial. It is known for its ability to aid in reducing joint pain and in supporting the body's overall wellness. It's warming and calming properties help in reducing pain and aids in reducing inflammation.
When used in skincare, turmeric essential oil helps in reducing pigmentation, spots, acne scars and blemishes, giving you a brighter complexion.
When used in haircare, it helps in strengthening hair follicles, reduces dandruff and improves the volume of hair.
Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
Composition: 100% Pure Turmeric Essential Oil
Plant Part: Rhizome
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Color: Bright Yellow
Scent: Earthy, warm, and spicy
Cautions: Non-toxic, non-irritant, generally non-sensitizing.
Turmeric oil can stain light colored clothing so be sure to dilute it well.
✓ Single Origin Essential Oil
✓ 100% Pure & Clean
✓ Sustainably and Ethically Sourced
✓ No Synthetics, Fillers or Additives
✓ For General Health and Wellbeing
For EXTERNAL USE only. Our Essential Oils are 100% pure. However, we do NOT recommend the ingestion of essential oils. These essential oils are highly concentrated and have the capacity to cause serious damage if used internally without the necessary expertise required.
This is supported by the International Federation of Aromatherapists that does not recommend ingestion of essential oils unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy.
- supports and strengthens the immune function
- soothes the mind and uplifts the mood
- promotes positive emotions and increased energy
- addresses negative emotions, fatigue, headaches, and symptoms of allergies, colds, and fevers
- manages respiratory conditions
- Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that may be beneficial for application to areas of minor burns, cuts, bites, and bruises
- cleanses, clarifies, smoothens, calms, invigorates, and brightens the skin
- generally supports skin health
- removes excess oil from skin
- diminishes the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- moisturises dryness to alleviate itchiness
- nourishes and strengthenes the strands
- remove loose dandruff flakes from the hair
- moisturises dryness to help establish healthy scalp conditions that are conducive to hair growth
- supports the body’s natural recovery process after vigorous activity and injuries
- promotes skin elasticity and firmness through moisture
- promotes a sense of well-being through massage when experiencing itching, bruising, soreness, pain, cramps, and inflammation
- invigorates the skin
Apply Topically: Our Turmeric essential oil is 100% pure and undiluted. For topical application, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. Please refer to our recommended dilution chart here.
We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically for those with sensitive skin.
Diffuse: Breathe in the scent of Turmeric essential oil using an essential oil diffuser. Diffuse 2-3 drops or more in an essential oil diffuser.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes under "Recipes"
For a moisturizing, conditioning, and fortifying hair mask that also removes loose dandruff flakes, add 3 drops of Turmeric Essential Oil to 4 Tbsp of a preferred Carrier Oil, and leave it on for up to 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
Curbing hair loss
Turmeric essential oil can come in handy if you are suffering from hair loss caused by a fungal infection. The anti-fungal quality of turmeric may be able to rid your scalp of the infection. Add a few drops of the Turmeric Essential oil to your hair oil to massage your hair and scalp. Leave it on for up to 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Blends well with other spice essential oils like Cinnamon, Ginger, Cardamom, Sweet Orange, Grapefruit and Ylang- Ylang